Thomas Kinkade Studios is proud to revisit the 1970 classic film The Artistocats, a story of love, family, companionship, greed, betrayal, heroes and true friendships. Those sentiments are portrayed throughout the painting, from the quiet Paris neighborhood to the romance of the Eiffel Tower. The old man on the left is Georges, Madame Bonfamille’s attorney. As Madame reveals her will to Georges, her butler Edgar overhears that she is leaving her fortune to her cats and then upon their death her estate will pass on to him. The impatient scowl on the face of Edgar is a preview of his plot to do away with all four of Madame’s cats and their claim to Madame Bonfamille’s estate. Join us as we peer into the lives of a misfit cast of militaristic dogs, gossipy geese, and tough alley cats as they help a family of felines make their way back home.
- Thomas O’Malley, the alley cat has already rescued Duchess, Marie and her two brothers, Berlioz and Toulouse, from their fate in the countryside.
- There are the two sister geese, Abigail and Amelia, who helped them find their way back to Paris.
- The little mouse, Roquefort, was brave enough to rally the jazz band alley cats to join in the final defeat of Edgar’s plot along with Frou-Frou the horse.
- The bloodhound Napoleon and his sidekick Lafayette the basset hound from the countryside also joined in the final confrontation with Edgar.
- Toulouse is playing on top of Frou Frou’s hat while Berlioz is doing his best to get back on the carriage as a scowling Edgar looks down on him.
Style: Modern American Luminism
Classification: Thomas Kinkade Studios
Genre: Cityscapes, Disney Art, European Vacations, New Releases, Romantic Images, Thomas Kinkade Studios
Tags: City, Cityscapes, Disney, Landmark
© Disney © The Thomas Kinkade Estate – All Rights Reserved