Reflections of Family
Reflections of Faith, the first painting in the Places of Reflection series, captured a vibrant spring morning with many man-made elements set in nature – a cobblestone walkway, stone steps, an ornate fountain, a bench, and a rock bridge, creating an outdoor sanctuary – a place designed to help us step away from the busyness of our lives and to pray. Here we find our identity with the true Creator.
Reflections of Family, the second painting in the collection, is the next destination on this prayerful journey. Like this piece, when we venture deeper into our relationship with God, we find that we often leave behind the many comforts of the tamed landscape. The cobblestone walkway ends, yielding a steeper and more narrow path, and the quiet peace is replaced with the sounds of rushing water, splashing the rocks. What does remain the same is an inspiring place of prayer. Here in this beautiful setting we can picture the native-stone bench quietly edging out from the tall grass, whispering an invitation to a more solitary place.
This painting is filled with many natural symbols of family – such as the deer, eagles, bunnies and other beautiful wildlife. It is meant to provide a stunning point of prayer in your home – a place to reflect on your most cherished blessings – your children, parents, and dearest loved ones.
- The powerful themes of both reflections and family begin to emerge in the subtle details of the many animals within the painting.
- A small family of deer can be seen grazing upon the plateau and drinking from the stream. As Psalm 42:1 so perfectly states, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul longs after you.”
- The pair of eagles flying overhead calls to the mind the words of Isaiah 40:3 – “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles.”
- There are three ducks within the work. A male and female are swimming among the cattails and the third nearly blending completely into the background.
- Hidden throughout the painting is a family of bunnies, four to be exact. Can you find them all?
- The thunderous waterfall seen in the distance is the setting of the third painting in the Places of Reflection series and the final destination of this spiritual journey. It reminds us that with deeper commitments come greater revelations.
Collection: Places of Reflection
Style: Modern American Luminism
Classification: Thomas Kinkade Studios
Hidden Elements: eagles, 3 ducks, 4 bunnies
Genre: Faith, Great Outdoors, New Releases, Thomas Kinkade Studios
Tags: Bench, Bunnies, Christian, Creek, Deer, Ducks, Faith, Family, Pathway, Pond, Waterfall
© 2017 The Thomas Kinkade Estate. All rights reserved.