As a young man I often felt the urge to paint in the manner of the French Impressionist masters through my alter-ego, Robert Girrard.
The subject for Sailing Day
has been captured many times by Manet or Pissaro, both of whom seemed transfixed by the effects of light dancing upon the water.
In my persona as Robert Girrard I celebrate the language of nature at its most joyful. Every artist knows that nature has many moods, but I am frequently happiest when, as in Sailing Day
, God's green earth invites me to put on my beret and share the inspiring passion of the moment.
Limited Edition Canvas
Thomas Kinkade Limited Edition Canvases combine old world craftsmanship with the finest materials and latest production technologies to produce extraordinary canvas artwork. Our reproduction process captures not only the color and mood of Thom's enchanting original painting, but the actual brushwork as well. Every piece is hand-retouched by skilled artisans, giving the painting a look almost identical to the artist's on-easel original. Vibrant colors, rich textures and color tones accurate to Thom's original brushstrokes are the hallmarks of your finished piece.
Limited Edition Canvas Framing
Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Frames are works of art unto themselves. Specifically crafted to accommodate Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Canvases, these hand crafted frames are the perfect complement to Thomas Kinkade Studios Artwork and will last for generations to come.
- Premium Museum Quality Mouldings
- Engraved Brass Nameplate
- Secure, Removable Canvas Clips
- High Strength Coated Wire Hanger
Limited Edition Canvas Features
- Premium Canvas
- Hand stretched on wooden stretcher bars
- Hand highlighted with fine acrylic paints by skilled artisans
- Long-life pigment inks that outperform conventional press inks.
- Edition number is applied to each Canvas Limited Edition
- Individually numbered Certificate Authenticity matched to the art piece
- Engraved brass nameplate included.
- Made in the USA